03 May 2010

Life is a merry go round

Shew, what a whirl wind the last two weeks have been. Work has been unbelievably hectic, so much to do, so little time, I suppose it keeps you out of mischief though. Along with the hectic work schedule, my Mum and Dad arrived from Gabs, as my sister Donna was going in for her second operation. Any how, in between working late, rushing off to the hospital to visit Donna and having to then make sure the family was fed and then perhaps get a wink or two of sleep (not much of that happened in the last two weeks), there wasn't much time for much else, other than the four dog beds, blouse for my mother and skirt for my daughter that I made. However with that said, Donna was discharged from hospital on Saturday so Mum made an absolutely divine meal and we all sat round the dining room table and had a wonderful family evening. Yesterday we were off to the Oyster & Wine Fest at Brightwater Commons. Mmmmm, so very yummy and it looked like we were eventually going to be able to just sit and relax while drinking wine and munching our way through oysters done in every fashion you can imagine, when lo and behold an extremely inconvenient bee decided to sting Jordyn in her mouth. Grant is highly allergic, so panic set in as we didn't know if she was as well. Off to Olivedale Clinic Emergency she went, was sped through the people who were waiting to be seen (who had been in a car crash) and was put on an adrenalin drip and other stuff they injected into her (they treated her as if she was allergic, rather to be on the safe side) so that effectively was the end of our relaxing Sunday. Donna is going back to work tomorrow, Mum & Dad left this morning to go back home so I am planning on leaving the office at a reasonable time today, just so that I can go home, get into bed and sleep. I need to find my centre again, it is all out of kilter.
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment