16 May 2010

My Quest for the perfectly organised home (3)

Yesterday, we went to our good friends, Cally & Ross, as it was Ross's birthday party. As always, wonderful evening was had by all, great company, great conversation, great food (and puddings, yum) alas no champagne (I had been relegated to designated driver) so was stuck drinking some non alcoholic apple malt drink. It was quite refreshing actually (the not drinking alcohol, not the drink itself) as I didn't wake up this morning with some demented woodpecker trying to drill a hole in the top of my head.
So, last night we were standing around the kitchen counter, chatting away, like only women can do, when Michelle (a really good friend of Cally's) took a plastic shopping bag and within no time at all (whilst still chatting) produced a pretty little triangle shape shopping bag, all neatly folded. Well blow me over with a feather, I had to know how this was done, this is something not even Martha Stewart does (well there is no mention of it on her website). so I went and found two more shopping bags and asked Michelle to do a "show and tell" et voila, we had three pretty triangle shapes in front of us.
Very chuffed with this, I will give you one guess what I did this morning, yup that's right, I woke up, (minus the sore head) went and got my disdainful looking shopping bags and proceeded to fold them all neatly into pretty little triangles. What fun. I think I have found a kindred soul in Michelle (I just don't insist on only buying tins with English labels, yup no Afrikaans labels in Michelle's pantry). So I thought I would put some pics up to show those of you who just can't wait to go and make your shopping bags into pretty little triangles too. Thanks Michelle.
Till next time
xoxo


All pretty, lined up like white and green samoosa's et Voila, a pretty triangle shape
Until there is only a small rectangle left, fold this over and tuck inside opposite side

Continue to fold over into triangle shape along the length of the bag

Fold corner over to form a triangle

Fold lengthwise again

Fold lengthwise

Flatten out

Take typical look plastic packet after removing the shopping

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. They look so orderly LOL. Only I would appreciate that you even colour coded them in the tupperware. Luv Ya M

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH This is so sad. Can't wait to find that little box and do some things to it... he he. can anybody spell O C D ??

    ReplyDelete