31 May 2010

Having a great weekend cont.

After a very frenetic Saturday, what with the baking, watching Rugby, making of headboards and such. We woke up on Sunday morning, with a mission on hand. Grant went off to collect the shelves he had ordered on Saturday and Jordy & I were off to Fourways to get the remains of "The List". Bearing in mind Jordy had two projects due for Monday (and sorry sweetheart, but had left it till the last minute yet again). We got home, popped the Roast Chicken potatoes and sweet potatoes (all prepared by Jordy) into the oven to cook slowly for dinner. I started cooking a broccoli & Cheese pie, whilst doing this Jordy and I got started on her tie dye project (seriously people, for those of you who ever need to do this for any reason. Do it outside, it is really messy, and was not a very good idea to do it in my kitchen on my cream granite tops). Project number one complete. Whilst I was pittering around my kitchen, Grant decided to start putting up the new shelves in the Gym. I in the mean time start making a pot of soup, whilst Jordy starts doing research on her History speech on "The United Nations and how it is involved in Humanitarian Rights". Next minute, I hear my name being screamed (very unlike Grant to scream, so I got a big fright) followed by a very loud rushing water sound (that frightened me even more). Grant had unfortunately drilled through a water pipe, and to make matters worse it was the hot water that was gushing out of the wall onto our wooden floors (I didn't think it was appropriate at this point to run and get my camera, to be able to post it on my blog, so ran to get towels) however here we were with water gushing everywhere, extension leads and plugs lying in the water, so not very safe at all (put my welly boots on as I thought at least it would earth me, these welly boots are really coming in handy). I ran and got every towel we have in the house, Jordy had to push a whole pile of towels against it to hold back the water, whilst Grant ran up to the pump house to switch off the water mains, this didn't stop the water as it must have been coming from the geyser (what with it being so hot) so two buckets later, the water eventually stopped coming out of the wall, and allowed us to then spend the next I don't know how long cleaning this lot up, really not the way I planned on spending the rest of my Sunday. Found a really nice plumber chappie who said he would come out, which he did and he had it fixed in almost no time at all, and he even cleaned up after himself. Anyway, got everything back to normality eventually and we all sat down to a lovely meal, followed by the Sunday night movie. So not a bad day after all (just a little hiccup, in between).
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment