19 April 2010

Weekend of hibernation, take two

We got home very late on Friday night, so threw together some toasties and climbed into bed. Had to get up early on Saturday to take the dog to the vet to have her stitches removed (we had her spayed last week), then dropped Jordy off at the hairdresser, dropped Katie off at Fourways, made my way to the butcher to order a 20kg lamb on the spit for Grant's 40th, made my way back to Broadacres to meet up with Inez for a glass of wine and to give her a parcel that had been delivered to the office. Then grocery shopping, by which stage I was in dire need of an afternoon snooze. So off home for that well deserved afternoon snooze (best part of a weekend). For dinner, I made buttered lamb chops with patty pans and creamed potatoes, which we ate out on the patio (not many evenings left of being able to eat outside as it is definitely getting colder, so we are making the most of it while we can). After dinner I started putting together the play list of 80's music for Grant's 40th and we had such fun listening to track after track. It is amazing how a song can put you right back to an exact moment in time, as if you were right there (but you can't remember what happened yesterday). Sunday we were up and about like brussel sprouts again, as Grant decided the outside table needed a table cloth. As it is 6 metres long, I can't get a ready made one, so we popped off to Chamdor to buy material. I then sewed two table cloths, amazing what a difference a little bit of material can make, it looks really nice. Invited the in-laws round for a couple of drinks to catch up as we hadn't seen them since Easter Sunday (even though we live on the same property) nice to catch up with them. After they left, I made ribs, potato salad, coleslaw and beetroot salad for dinner. A good way to end a wonderful weekend.
I have now held up my side of the deal, two weekends of no outside people (in-laws don't count as they live next door), however I am now in desperate need of time with my friends, as lovely as it was just being the three of us, I am so ready for company again, so next weekend already planned and am looking forward to it.
till next time
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love listening to those oldies and have a massive collection and keep finding "new" ones to download from iTunes. The only difference is that my play list is from the 60's. Congrats to Grant on his 40th. It seems like he was just a little pipsqueak last time I saw him. ;~D

    ReplyDelete