29 May 2010

Having a great weekend

Yup nice and pink
This looks ready
Out at the vegetable patch at 8:00 pm
Welly boots on (we do have snakes you know)

So much fun
Watching the Smurfs (Blue Bull's) vs the Stormers Super 14 Final

The finished head BoardMany hands make light work

Suede, Foam Mattress, Chipboard and a strong staple gun

Love working together

OK, so the icing job was a mess, but still tasted yummy

The cake before the icing (kind of looks like a cake, hey)
Nothing like making a cake in your PJ's

look see, cake mix (still amazing to me)

Lets get this done, I feel like some cake

Friday night, lovely dinner with the family, opened a nice bottle of red wine and after dinner had a hankering for cake, so, off I went to the kitchen to attempt baking a cake (please remember, I don't bake), and lo and behold, although it sort of was lop sided, and broke a part a little, it smelt like a cake, sort of looked like a cake, however icing a cake after a bottle of red wine, perhaps not such a good idea. Tasted like it should, looked perhaps like it had been iced by someone who had drunk a bottle of red wine. But pudding was had by all.

Saturday morning, off with a mission to re-do my head board, what fun. Got an urge while I was at Chamdor getting suede for my headboard to re-do Jordy's Lounge, so black suede for her window seat, 13 meters of Black curtaining material and a very large black rug later, it was now necessary to go off and get accessories for her lounge. So off to Mr P Home who just happened to have Silver and black scatter cushions and accessories (nothing to do with my Reticular Activation System, whatsoever, of course), back home, made the headboard. Watched the blue Smurfs win the Super 14 with my in-laws. Then I decide I felt like a radish sandwich, so on with the welly boots, out to the vegetable garden, picked some radishes, came back in and made myself some radish sandwiches with Maldon Salt. mmm such a good day.
Mission set for tomorrow, get Jordy's lounge re-done !!!!
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment