27 March 2012

Your Name

I have two middle names, not many people know that about me, I have never really understood the need for more than one name. Hence why my daughter was not given a middle name.  I also don't like my name to be shortened, much to the chagrin of my hubby, who feels he has earned the right to call me by a shortened name.  My name is Stephanie, not Steph, Steffie, Phanie or whatever else people come up with.  What really gets my goat is when I introduce myself to a new person by saying "Hi, my name is Stephanie, please to meet you" followed by them replying "Hi Steph", I just don't get it, why would I refer to myself as Stephanie if I wanted you to call me Steph.  This may seem petty to some, but I happen to like my name, my whole name, all nine letters of it.
Till next time 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment