29 March 2012

Goal Update: Two

It's time to review those pesky goals again, so lets get right into them
1. Gym: what can I say, still an extreme lack of visits to the gym, not through lack of motivation I may add, I am just finding that I get home so late at night from work these days that by the time I would be able to change and drive up to the gym, they would be closed.  I have been care taking an additional portfolio this month, however will be handing it over early April and so with only one job to do, I vow to myself to get myself back into that gym again.  I love it there, I love the smell of the air there and I really love how I feel after having worked out.  April is THE month I will get back there.
2. Reading: now this I have made great strides to get back on track, I finished 10th Anniversary by James Patterson, and moved swiftly along to 11th Hour, his next book in the series of The Woman's Murder Club.  I loved the 10th Anniversary and was steaming my way through 11th Hour.  I find his books really easy to read and never feel like I am ploughing my way through any of his books. I have read from number six onwards thus far, however book one through five were not on kindle version, which was quite a drag as I really have gone off reading paper books, reading on an e-reader is just so much easier, I however went back to check, and lo and behold number one through five were now on Kindle version, so I bought them all and stopped reading book eleven and went back to start with book one.  I got half way through book one and got side tracked by a book called Room, by Emma Donoghue, what a thought provoking book written from the perspective of a five year old, who was born into "11 ft by 11ft Room" and has never known anything other than "Room".  His mother was abducted at the age of 19 and kept in captivity in "Room".  This is a fictional book, but gives insight into how those poor women that were found having been held in captivity for many years and also having born children from their captors.  I read this book in two nights as I couldn't put it down and would highly recommend it.  For now I am back to book one in the Women's Murder Club books.
3. Blogging: the photo a day challenge was great fun and gave me something to think about each day and obviously post on my blog so I would say I am back into full swing with the Blogging and am looking forward to the month of April Photo a day challenge.
4. Eating Plan: back in place and working well again, I have a four week menu that I rotate, so the family don't get bored of having to eat the same thing every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc, I put it together with an ingredient list required for each meal so Sunday grocery shopping is more organised and takes very little time to do.  Jordy then knows exactly what we are having that night and starts the prep work before I get home (bless her).  An example of one of our weekly meal plan is:
Monday:        Lamb chops, Baby Potatoes &Veg's
Tuesday:       Beef, corn & Avo salsa wraps
Wednesday:  Pork Stir Fry
Thursday:     Meatballs on spaghetti
Friday:         Fat Free Chicken Burgers
Saturday:     Beef Stroganoff
Sunday:       Roast, veg's & Potatoes
5. Cook & Bake: Back on track with the cooking and I gave a caramel cheesecake a go click here   Can't say it was a resounding success, but I will eventually get this baking thing right, I have only failed if I stop trying.
6. Spring Clean: Got loads of this done, and am planning on overhauling my closet this weekend, need a really good purge.
7. Be Thankful: I am thankful for how blessed I am with the people I have in my life.  my wonderful husband, our amazing daughter, our very loving and close family and our incredible friends.
8. Be Adventurous: Hmmm, nothing really on this front, Mum arrived back from overseas, spent the weekend then left to go back with Dad to Gaberone and was back down a couple of days later as Dad had to have an op, so unless visiting my Dad in hospital is deemed adventurous (mind you with those "Super Bugs" on the loose in hospitals, it really was possibly quite adventurous to be there) other than that not much of anything exciting happened, Grant however flew down to Cape Town to do the Cape Argus and completed in 4 hours 13 minutes.  Technology is so great, here we were sitting in JHB being sent sms' as he passed over 6 tracking pads through out the race, so I was tracking him on the route map and working out all along as to what finish time he was on track for.  As the people in Thailand would say it was a month of "Same, Same, but different".
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment