26 July 2010

The best laid plans

Well so much for me getting through my to do list for the weekend. We popped into Woolies on the way home on Friday to get the food for our guests coming on Saturday night as well as food for Friday's dinner. Great start, now I didn't have to worry about the food anymore. Saturday started off well with me up and about like a brussel sprout, really early. So Jordy and I hit the shops. Our trip, in some ways was not so good, like the shoes I wanted from Rage that I saw advertised during the week, and just had to have them, well when I get their, they have 3 pairs in my size they look stunning but lo and behold all three pairs have scratches on them, so dejected I left the shop. I tried on a stunning dress at Daniel Hechter that fitted really nicely at the bottom, but the top was all saggy and loose, so no win there either. I did however manage to get my hands on a couple of pairs of pumps (never have enough of them) and a couple of really dinky cardi's. Jordy found really great grey suede heels that she liked and some bits and bobs. Well at least I could tick of item number one on my list, the problem is, by the time we were done at the shops I had run out of time to do the rest of my list as I had to get home to make dinner for our friends coming round, so the rest of the list was added to next Saturday's list. We had a stunning evening with our friends Laura & Dean, who we haven't gotten to see on their own for almost a year, so was really lovely to catch up, in fact we had such fun, i forgot to take my camera out, so no pics from Saturday night. Sunday however, with a Sunday to-do list in mind, was a fiasco as I woke up with a funny tummy, got dressed and effectively lay back down and pretty much didn't get up again, unless it was for yet another unwanted visit to the loo. So Sunday list not accomplished either. I however am not stressing, it will get done, just not when I planned to do it. What is it they say about the best laid plans?
Till next time
xoxo




Table all set on Friday night (thought I was being pro-active)








Picture of the two, now inseparable, Roxy & Doogie-Bug (Roxy Loves Doogie-Bug,
she just doesn't like anyone else
loving him)








Picture of Grant & Jordy taken by our friend Ross on his Holga "toy" camera, such a lovely shot

No comments:

Post a Comment