12 July 2010

Back from Holiday :(

We set off on holiday after work, on Friday 2 July (our first holiday all together in 3 years, and the plan was to relax as much as possible) to meet up with Mum, Dad & Jordy at Magalies Park, we arrived at 6:30pm to a very warm welcome and dinner in the oven (aren't mum's so special) so we caught up on all the chit chat over a divine meal prepared by mum and hit our beds for an earlyish night. Woke up at 5:00am and had a little giggle to myself and went straight back to sleep only to wake up at 8:00am (such an indulgence). Donna and Jason arrived and we all went out for breakfast at The Upperdeck, our waitress looked so much like Raven (from the Disney movies) that I had to share this point with her, she informed me that many people had previously told her this, however she had never seen this Raven person, so I googled a picture for her to show her, she got so excited she asked me to bluetooth it to her, now technology is not one of my strengths, so I told her I knew how to email it, twitter it, send it to Facebook and MMS it but had no idea how to blue tooth it. So we settled on MMS and after receiving the pic she merrily ran off to show all her friends, ahhh, the joys of technology. We then went back to the chalet to spend a lazy afternoon watching DVD's and reading whilst Donna, Jason & Dad went up to the club house to watch the Quarter finals with Germany playing (apparently, they were the only three there supporting Germany, so Donna felt the need to make up for this fact and screamed for the German chaps so loudly I am surprised they didn't hear her in Germany itself). Dinner ala Mum again (mmmmm) and some more chit chat then Donna and Jason made their way home and we were off to bed. On Sunday Donna, Jason and great friends of ours Cally, Ross & their daughter CJ, joined us for a braai, we had so much fun and I am a little embarrassed to say I partook in a little too much of my favourite Pongracz and had very little to eat and therefor became a blether blether, mmmm, note to self, eat before you drink, or at least eat while you are drinking. Monday Mum and Dad left to go back to Gabs, so Grant, Jordy and I took a drive out around Harties and ended up at a restaurant called African Swiss, the owner is Swiss and his food is made in the true Swiss style, my very adventurous daughter and husband opted for pizza's and I had the most divine cheese fondue (spot the only one who actually ate Swiss food). Back to the chalet for DVD's and board games. On Tuesday we made our way down to the craft market to have a look around and made our way to a divine Indian restaurant for lunch, we ordered way too much food and were convinced the waiters were standing there laughing their heads off, at us trying desperately to consume the amount of food we ordered, it really was very good though. We then finished off the day by playing board games in front of yet another roaring fire. We left on Wednesday morning (earlier than anticipated as we were booked in till Friday) to come back home and spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching DVD's. Luckily I got to relax so much as I then spent the next three days of my leave sewing curtains for Jordyn's bedroom and lounge, and even if I do say so myself, they came out really nicely and her room looks stunning. Saturday we had Ross, Cally, CJ & Thane over to watch the rugby, well that was a match worth missing, what on earth happened to the Boks, I really hope they pull their socks up and start doing what they do best. "WIN". And so ended our little holiday.
Till next time.
xoxo
Breakfast at the Upperdeck




















Braai on Sunday


























Lunch @ Africanswiss
above must have been prior to things going south with the Boks
and below must have been when things went south.

No comments:

Post a Comment