25 June 2013

Tuesday tea time

I am not a tea nor a coffee drinker, I really am just a water, wine or the now, very occasional Red Bull drinker.  However since being at home and wanting to cut down out the Red Bull completely I went looking for a healthier alternative.  I have now started a love affair with tea.  I had quite an extensive collection of tea all given to me as presents, so i sorted through them all, sorted them into separate baggies then corralled them into tins and labeled them as Fruit teas, Chai Teas, Green Teas, Rooibos, Chinese Tea then placed my Stivia in the last tin, along with my bottle of Agave.  I use the Stivia when I make iced tea with the fruit tea and I use the agave when I have hot tea
This is my absolute favorite fruit tea, how can you go wrong with champagne, strawberry & truffle, it is a loose leaf tea that I drink hot and use a tea ball to brew, I have this with just a spoonful of agave


This is Chai Vanilla tea with a spoonful of Agave and some almond milk, so delicious
This baby's on my absolute lust list but at a price of R 2650 for the Breville tea maker it will have to wait until Christmas time (hint hint family)  with this baby, you select the tea type (green, oolong, black etc) place the tea in the magnetic basket, select the strength (mild, medium, strong), the water then boils to the exact temperature that is required for the tea selected, then the basket lowers into he water and stews for just the right amount of time, then raises again, and whats even better you can get it to hold the temperature for up to 60 minutes.  I know it is very pricey but this just has to find its way to my kitchen and my new found love of tea.

till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment