11 April 2010

Weekends are good for the soul

After a number of very eventful, busy weekends, we decided to hibernate as a family this weekend. So I set off on a mission to carry on sorting out my home, I finished sorting my closet, sorted all the Cd's (yes they do belong in boxes) and DVDs (yes the right disk, in the right box Jordyn), sorted my books and generally got some form of control back over my home. On Friday night I roasted a chicken with roast potatoes and roast sweet potatoes, also did asparagus French style (cooked in loads of butter, Julia Child would have been proud) after we all ate, I decided to use the carcass and left over chicken to make soup so I threw it in a pot with some veges and I made home made chicken noodle soup for lunch on Saturday,which my darling hubby said was the nicest soup he has ever had. On Saturday, I took Jordy off to Chamdor to buy a pattern and material and came back home and sewed a pair of tracksuit pants for Jordy then made dinner which was a lovely meal of meatballs and pasta.
It is rather unfortunate, that someone that is very close to my heart, is having a torrid time right now and I pray that all works out for her, but she knows that she has a very special place in our hearts and that we are all there for her.
This morning I popped into Martha's blog to see what she has been up to and, I swear, this is the truth, she steamed her soil yesterday. They lay large tarpaulins down, weighted with heavy chains, inserted hose pipes under the tarpaulin with small holes and sent steam through the hosepipes till the steam reached 160 degrees. She says due to the fact that she has moss and some beastie bugs they thought they would try steaming the soil to see if it kills them. Seriously the great Martha Stewart cleaned her dirt, even to me that seems excessive, how on earth can anyone live up to those kind of standards. I Can just see Grant out there steaming our mud "NOT", he would have me institutionalised for even asking. Anyway good luck to her and hope it does what she wanted it to do.
For dinner tonight I am doing Lamb shanks done in a mint marinade, with stuffed gem squash and roast potatoes and I think a glass or two of yummy red wine. A good end to a good weekend.
Till next time.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment