17 April 2010

Ever had one of those days

Here I was happily making my way to work on Thursday, sitting in horrific traffic (for a change, not), anyway do I not get to work only to find that I have left my laptop at home. Well, nothing to do but turn around and go home to get it. I carry a glass water bottle in the car with me, and it was rolling around the floor, I was scared that it would break so I picked it up and put it between me and the door. I get home, open the car door, forgetting the glass bottle and you don't need a crystal ball to figure out what happened next, yup smashed all over the driveway. So when that was cleared away, I went and got the laptop, jumped back in my car to face the Joburg traffic once again, no jokes about de ja vu, nearly ran out of petrol, so had to stop to get some, then when I eventually get back to work, I am nearly at the door and look down and with horror realise I am still wearing my slippers (not such a good thing to do when you work for a fashion retailer). Had to run back to the car to get my shoes. This entire episode left me 2 1/2 hours late for work. All the while I was thinking to myself that the universe was doing everything in its power to keep me away from work that morning. In retrospect I should have just gotten back into bed and not come out that day, having a morning like that just throws you for a loop and you don't really add much value when your head isn't in the right space. So yes Thursday was a day I hope never to repeat.
Till next time
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Especially pleased to see that the champagne is being drunk out of Ritzenhoff. Of all the glasses that I got for my 40th I only have about 3 left. However, still have a good collection. The problem with it is that you always use your favourites and on drunk nights (too many) those are the ones that get smashed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicky, I have 18 left and never bring them out for drunken parties, especially if my sister or Tania is around, plastic glasses for those two every time. I personnaly broke one and my uncle broke one at Christmas but other than that they are still intact. So love them, but they have become unreasonably priced now, last I checked they were R380 each, which is just silly money for one glass. But they are ever so pretty.

    ReplyDelete