01 April 2010

Such a lovely evening

I left the office at 4:45pm yesterday and the weather was absolutely dismal, had to step in a very large puddle (well without exaggerating it was actually closer to a pond) in order to get into my car, shoes soaked, pants soaked up to the knee and now I was freezing cold. So on the way home, fighting my way through the torrential rain, (down what was supposed to be a road, but rather resembled a river) I phoned my friend Cally to ask if they felt like joining us at the Ocean Basket for dinner. They were on board. The Original plan was that I would pop home, pick up Jordy, meet them at the restaurant at 6:30pm and then Grant would meet us all there as he hadn't left the office at this stage.
What do they say about the best laid plans?
Well by 6:05 I phoned Cally to say to take her time as I had just passed the 14th Avenue turnoff and would not make it by 6:30pm. Ross Cally & CJ however, were already in front of me on the highway, so we arranged that we would all meet at our house for a quick drink, so I could change out of my sopping wet clothes and get Jordy. Anyway closer to 7:15 we all arrived at the restaurant and although it was still raining cats and dogs, we sat down to what I always find with Ocean Basket was a really good value for money seafood meal. I mean ,where else in South Africa can you still get 12 prawns for R59.00. We had a great time, chatting up a storm and enjoying the great company as always. It is always so lovely to spend time with good friends, over good food and a glass or two of the obligatory.
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment