02 August 2010

A weekend, with a little sun

It always feels so good, come Monday morning, when you have had a great weekend and although we didn't do anything spectacular, we really did have a wonderful weekend. It kicked off with Grant going off to ride his bike, and he appears to have gotten over his fear of going over single bridges, so well done babes). Whilst he was out riding, Jordy and I went off to the shops to do the monthly cleaning stuff & dog food shop (joy), that being said once we were done we popped into Mug & Bean for lunch which was so divine. We then had dinner with our good friends Ann, Mike & their daughter Michaela, again it was lovely to see them on their own. We love parties but it is always so difficult to get around to chatting to everyone, so when I get to spend time with my friends alone, I truly treasure that time. I woke up on Sunday, with my mission planned, I was going to convert the gym into my craft room, well the stars were against me again, as I got a call from my brother-in-law, who's washing machine was on the blink, he wanted to know if there was a laundromat in our area. So I suggested that they rather come round and do it at our place. The sun was out (a welcome thing) so whilst the washing was being done, we sat outside. I made homemade lemon/orangeade (picked from our trees) which Debbie and I added vodka & galeano to. I made corn bread to nibble on and we all sat around playing board games and chatting. In between, Jordy & Debbie sat studying (whilst suntanning, I ask you studying African style) for Jordy's Science exam today. My in-laws returned home after walking at the Botanical Gardens and joined us for some sun downers, so all in all an absolutely, impromptu, quiet, relaxing day, surrounded by family. It really was glorious. I am so looking forward to Spring, which is just around the corner and looking forward to being able to watch the sun go down each night (never get home early enough in winter to see the sun set). Just have to get through my spring cleaning list before then. We have a long weekend coming up this weekend, so should give me enough time to get the backlog done (here''s hoping) but if the stars feel differently i will gladly swop a day of spring cleaning for some impromptu fun.
Till next time
xoxo

Jordy & I
Our two monkey's, Roxy & Doogie-Bug, getting some cuddles
Ron & Georgina
Board games and some Blackberry usage
Studying, Africa style
Harvey wall bangers (of sorts)
don't these oranges look divine
Grant picking some oranges

No comments:

Post a Comment