10 August 2010

Long weekend

What a divine weekend, it started with my colleagues & I going out for lunch at Calisto's for prawns on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning was overhaul day, I gave myself a facial, mani, pedi & wax, so all scrubbed and polished later, we made our way over to our good friends, Cally & Ross. The boys serviced Grant's bicycle, whilst Cally and I drank Pimms cocktails and ate homemade scones with cream & strawberry jam and caught up on all our chit chat. When they were done, we all went out for dinner at the Cattle Baron, the food there is absolutely gorgeous, Grant's steak was so big it looked like he had a cow for dinner. It was such a fun evening with loads of laughter, and a little food fight (with ice, don't ask, but suffice to say, boys will be boys). On Sunday I made my way down to Chamdor (I could spend days in there) and I bought all sorts of lace & material. I came home and sewed a lace collar onto a plain cardi, and now I have a Anthro lookalike cardi. We had my in-laws round for curry & drinks on Sunday night, so lovely to catch up. Monday was a public holiday and I set out on a mission to make a skirt that had a zip in it (I have always stayed away from patterns that have zip), it took me all day, but it was such fun, I watched movies whilst I sewed and I actually managed to figure out how to do this zip thing. The skirt looks great and I am thrilled that I can now venture forth and work patterns that have zips.
Till next time
xoxo

Look at the size of this steak, I mean seriously, small countries could feast on this

Jordy & I

Ross, CJ & Cally

Thane & Jordy

My Anthro-esque cardi

No comments:

Post a Comment