23 June 2010

To my Dad on Fathers Day

The first man in any little girls’ life is her Daddy and let me tell you, when it comes to fathers, I won the lottery. I am so thankful to have you in my life. It is, but once a year that they have a day set aside especially for you, and yet it’s hardly enough for what you do and what you have done for me. You have taught me, personally, so much. My gratitude and love for you is immeasurable. You taught me to work hard and enjoy family. You taught me the price of honesty and that it cannot be negotiated. You taught me about life through your own experiences. When I was younger, I shared my thoughts and the dreams with you, and the most lovely memory I have, was that you always listened, you were always loving because you knew that would be the most important way to get through to me. Never once did I not feel your love, even when you were angry. And now, that I am older, I remember the talks we have had together and the many more we will share. Although the chocolate drops and bed time stories have been replaced with chats over glasses of wine, the most important thing has not and that is our special relationship.
I love you Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment