15 June 2010

Delicious dinner

Jordy is now on school holidays, due to the Soccer World Cup. So Yesterday she calls me and during the conversation, I suggest, that perhaps it would be a good idea for her to give cooking dinner a go (years ago I vowed that my child will not leave home not knowing how to cook). Never having done this on her own before, I notice a slight nuance of panic in her voice as she asked "what should I cook" so being adventurous I say, check the freezer, check out the recipe books and you decide. Now this being her first ever time to do dinner on her own, Grant and I were both slightly apprehensive, so we arrive home at 7:00pm (stupidly left the office at 5:30pm and rushed straight into the "I have just left the soccer match, traffic" and we sat in stationary traffic for ages, won't make that mistake again) to find the dining room table set and dinner ready (only awaiting 2 table spoons of cream, that I was asked to pick up on the way home). Well we were presented with chicken korma with all the trimmings and it was really lovely (I am not just saying that because she is my daughter, it really was very nice, and even nicer to have a meal cooked for me, for a change) so we sat round the table discussing our day and enjoying my child's first ever completely cooked by her meal. Well done angel, you did yourself proud.
Till next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment