04 June 2010

Football Crazy, Football Mad


Yes, the Soccer World cup is now only seven days away, and although I have never been a fan of football (sorry soccer), I feel this is an opportunity for South African's to once again (like in 1995) unite together and show the world what we are made of. No I am not naive enough to believe that this event will go off without a single hitch, but come on, they said we would never be ready on time and we are, they said we wouldn't be able to pull off the stadiums, we did (in fact it is being reported in UK newspapers that they put Soccer City on par with Wembley) they said we wouldn't have the Gautrain open, we did. So although, I don't particularly like soccer, don't do yellow very well and expect to have my hearing assaulted by Vuvuzelas South Africa's secret weapon) for the next 5 weeks. I will get behind Aaron Mokoena and the team and support Bafana Bafana all the way. I am a proud South African and although we may have many faults in this country, I still believe that we can accomplish anything we put our minds to. We have in the past, we will in the future, if we do it together.
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment