25 March 2010

A very dissapointing meal

Last night we took Jordyn-Leigh to Tokyo Sky (being both Jordy & my favourite restaurant), to congratulate her on her exam results. An absolute standard when I go there, is to start off the evening by ordering a Screaming Geisha (which arrives in two glasses, one of Japanese sake with a raw oyster and spring onions, the second glass of tomato juice, vodka and a raw oyster), so I promptly place my order, only to be told they don't have oysters. Considering probably the first third of their starters contain oysters, this was of concern to me.
I ordered Prawns in phyllo pastry, Jordy ordered prawns tempura and Grant ordered beef Carpachio. Our starters were lovely as usual.
Then came the main meals, I ordered the Connoisseur Platter (slightly cooked sushi, i.e may have tempura batter around the outside, or is wrapped in parma ham), Jordy the Sushi platter for one and Grant ordered some spring rolls and salmon maki. My platter, that I have had on several previous occasions usually comes on a large platter with each kind of connoisseur sushi having it's own sauce flamboyantly painted on the plate. This time however it was all crammed onto a small plate, no sauces, absolutely nothing like it has been in the past, was also told they had no calamari nor line fish so they would have to substitute certain of my meal.
Problem with the kind of night we had, (did I mention we were the only people there) was that it immediately screams they are in trouble. No consistency between meals, they don't have the ingredients for a major part of their menu and when it does arrive it isn't as it should be. For me unfortunately, Tokyo Sky has gone from being my top restaurant to being one I won't frequent again.
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment