22 March 2010

Long weekends

Shew what a week, the boss and two collegues hopped on a plane to London on a talent search trip, leaving me to look after the home front at work, been a while since I have been that hectic, and truth be told I really enjoyed the hustle and bustle of my days, just didn't enjoy working so late and only getting home to Jordy at such late hours. However all that aside, I am just winding down from a really lovely weekend. On Friday , Mum and Dad drove down for Dad's six month check up with the Oncologist. Dad was given the all clear, so we had cause for celebration, so off to Cedar Square we went, met up with Donna (who I must say is looking great and recovering nicely from her op) and celebrated with numerous cosmopolitans and dirty martini's (well I did anyway), Mum was a little more controlled sticking to mai tai's and Dad his draft beers. Picked up Italian on the way home and had a great time catching up with the family, in fact too much of a good time as my sister and I sat up solving the worlds problems till 2:30 am, it was really nice to just be the two of us for a change. I took Mum, Dad and Jordy to Melrose Arch on Saturday and after some shopping went for lunch at a wonderfull little Italian bistro, who's food was glorious. Had Donna & Jason round for Tappas on Saturday night.

Said goodbye to Mum and Dad on Sunday morning as they drove back to Gabs, relaxed for a bit then had our good friends Cally, Ross and CJ round for drinks and then off we all went for dinner to the Spur. Jordy ended up sleeping over at CJ's so Grant and I had a lovely lazy morning, until Roxy our maltese poodle came in from the garden looking decidedly like a ball of mud, so into the shower I got with her, to clean her, then handed her to Grant, (we make a really good tag team, as within 10 minutes Roxy was good as new). Then went to pick up Jordy, got lunch from Dros on the way home and then snuggled up to watch DVD's. Now that is my kind of weekend. So good for the soul, great times with family & friends. All rejuvenated and ready to face the new weeks challenges.
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment