20 August 2012

New Toys

I upgraded my Samsung Tablet to an i-pad, never thought I would ever say that, I loved my tablet, but what I loved the most about her was also what I didn't like about her.  She was 7 inches and fitted neatly into my handbag and thus could go with me everywhere.  The problem was reading on 7 inches was not ideal, so I now have a beautiful 10 inch i-pad.  I must say I am still on the fence about her, she is freakishly heavy compared to the Samsung, I still haven't figured out how to lock her orientation, and haven't been able to set up certain things at this stage, but the Apple people have been absolutely brilliant, sending me emails with step by step instructions on what to do. However her 10 inch screen is brilliant, she is so clear and I am loving reading magazines and books on her. I am sure it is just the differences between the Samsung and Apple that I am still adjusting to and when I figure out how to use her properly I will be in love love love with her.

Onto the next problem.  I arranged ADSL for home so that we could all use our devices & laptops wirelessly at home, I spent four days battling with my laptop to set the wireless up, realising that my laptop had huge problems, we then tried Jordy's,  we got a little further with hers but then hit a brick wall as well.  by Saturday I was so despondent and "gatvol" (a South African term for, just really had enough) that I kind of gave up trying and Jordy was glaring at the two lap tops with more than a little hatred.  I was informed it would cost approximately R 5000.00 to have my laptop fixed, considering I only paid approximately R 7000 four years ago, I really didn't think this was viable, so after deliberating all weekend, we decided to get a new Lap top.  Based on the fact I now have an i-pad and on the advice of a good friend of ours, who is very clued up with technology, I took the dive and got myself a MacBook Pro.  I must say she is really lovely (freakishly heavy again though, what is it with Apple that their technology is so heavy, OK, I may be exaggerating somewhat, Apple say it weighs 4.46 lb or 2.02KG, but it feels way more) and I am looking forward to taking her home and hopefully being able to set up our wireless and continue on our merry way.



Will keep you updated on my transition over to the world of Apple
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment