24 August 2012

A Week that was

Here I sit on a Friday morning, looking forward to Friday.  Friday is my absolute favourite day of the week, there is something about the anticipation of what is to come during the weekend that just makes me bounce out of bed on a Friday morning and spend the day mostly with a spring in my step.  So what happened this week ?  Well I told you I got a new Apple Mac BookPro on Monday, I plugged her in at work just to set her up and what a difference to any other Laptop I have ever used, this Apple thing takes some getting used to with this Magic trackpad thingy they have, took me ages, as well as many, many whatsapp messages to Ross to figure out how to even click on a little box to select the country I am in.  This was how our conversation went:
Me: Dear lord how does this track pad thingy work on Apple, I tap it and it does nothing, grrrr, I just need to tick a box, How ?
Ross: Just push down
Me: There is nothing to push ?
Brief break
Me: Oh there is, sorry (insert embarrassed face)
Ross: Silly Girl
So yes this has been an interesting time figuring this Apple stuff out, however I digress, after figuring this out, I take her home, set her up, plug in the ADSL, wi-fi, modem thingy, do what I am supposed to do and guess what ...  yup Nothing !!!, by this stage I was really ready to write off technology of all types, head for the hills and hibernate for the rest of my life, however I picked up the phone, called Telkom and got assisted by a marvelous chap who had me up and running in less than 15 minutes.  So away we go, we now have all our devices connected wirelessly, and everything is working (I am still in absolute shock, that after 9 days we are actually up and runing).  So that was Monday.
Now let me say, two weeks ago it was snowing, yes dinkum snow that settled on the ground and stayed, so yes apparently it does get cold enough in South Africa in order for it to snow, now by Tuesday (only two weeks later) we have sweltering heat, but the aircon units at work are still set to "oh my there is snow outside" weather.  Felt like I was going to melt into a puddle and evapourate.  After numerous phone calls it took them to this morning to get the temperature right, I was informed that the cooler was broken and that we would have to wait till Monday for the part, so I can look forward to at least two more days of this unbearable heat at work.
I however have a ton of work to get through before I go on leave next week, so it is nose to the grindstone and away I go.
My inbox's waiting for action, picture in the sweltering office, pandora bracelet, newly pedicured toes
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment