30 August 2012

A very hectic week

Isn't it always the same, the run up to going on leave is always so very hectic, having to get everything tied up prior to going on leave.  Only to return to a mailbox from hell and a mountain to catch up on, till you really start to believe that being away from work just really isn't worth it.  However I am so looking forward to this holiday as I have my three cousins & Uncle arriving from the UK on Friday night, along with my parents coming down and we have a two week holiday planned.  The first week we are off to Mpumalanga with just Mum, Sister, Uncle,  Cousins & I (poor hubby, Dad & Jordy have to stay behind & work/go to school) but then the second week we are all going to Cape Town, all 10 of us, what glorious fun, I have planned an itinerary for each person (try and co-ordinate 10 peoples wishes all at the same time without one, it is a logistical nightmare) this how ever appears to be freaking out certain of the family members who aren't used to me.  My folks, Grant & Jordy are used to this, this is how I plan holidays, it ensures we all get to do everything we want to do in the allotted time we are away, the rest of the family are kind of a "see where the wind will blow us" kind of people (well when they are on holiday anyway) so they are kind of reticent about this itinerary thing, will let you know how it goes and whether the itinerary is used or a rebellion takes place and the itinerary is cast out.
Update on the ever eventful voyage into the world of Apple.  Cally & Ross came over Friday night for dinner and being such aficionados in the world of Apple, they had both the i-pad as well as the lap top doing everything they should be doing in less than no time.  I am slowly getting used to the way Apple works, it is VERY different to what I am used to but I will persevere.
I want to leave you with a picture of my Doogie-Bug (taken with the i-pad), it is very rare to get a good picture of him as soon as you pull out a camera or phone and aim at him, he gaps it.  He however hasn't figured out that the i-pad does the same so I just waited patiently till he turned round and took it, I think this pic really shows his character.  Such a loving boy
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment