06 April 2012

Lunch

For Easter Sunday Lunch we went to BiCe at Hyde Park Sandton Sun.  What a sublime experience, Grant and I had an eight course Kobe BiCe menu and Jordy had the seven Course Japanese menu.  Although each individual meal was a small portion, by the time I got to the fifth course I was beginning to fear food.  Each morsel was truly divine.  Highly recommended for a special occasion. 
We started with a calamari dish with wasabi cream and cucumber,

followed by a Salmon Rose, 

Followed by Prawn & vegetable tempura
 Then some Sashimi
Grant and my menu then moved off the Kobe side of the menu to the BiCe half of the menu, whereas Jordy's carried on with Japanese food.
Ours started with Ravioli in a cream and mushroom sauce (no pics unfortunately) then followed by a beautiful asparagus risotto (I however couldn't face a risotto, as I was already ready to run screaming from all these beautiful morsels they kept putting in front of us, so Jordy took my risotto and I had her miso soup)
This was then followed by a fish dish that sat atop the most divine mashed potato with toasted almonds (yum)
Then the piece de resistance was a chocolate mouse with a chocolate twill.

We then made our way out onto the deck for cocktails and to see the magnificent view.


I highly recommend this restaurant, their food was impeccable, however after eight courses I felt like I would never eat another bite of food again.
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment