22 March 2011

A Loooong weekend & a Quickie

With Monday being a public holiday, we decided to take Friday off and make it a really long weekend. The weather was pretty torrential so we got to snuggle and catch up on PVR viewing and re-watch Friends (we made a decision to watch the entire 10 series from beginning to end, and we have thus far, worked our way through to Series 3). We popped out on Friday to a restaurant called Buddah-ta, the food was very so so and really not worth writing about (pictures make it look far more appetising than it was), the funny thing was, when the waitress came over and asked if everything was alright, I said "actually no" as I wanted to tell her my calamari was effectively raw and she says "ok" and walks away (what on earth kind of service is that). I also checked out numerous stores to find a cover for my Samsung Tablet, to no avail, they are really elusive. So much so that after phoning many more places, I decided to order them on line from Amazon only to find at the end that they are not allowed to ship those products to South Africa, very annoying. So I made one, I made a cover that looked like striped PJ's. Just after I finished making the cover, Ross and Cally got hold of me to tell me they had found one and should they buy it for me (such wonderful friends). I got it on Sunday morning from Ross. (It even stands up) Grant and Ross partook in the Northern Farms "Quickie" MTB Race. It was supposed to start at 7:30am and be 40 KM. Jordyn and I arrived at 9:15 am to stand at the finish line to cheer them on as they crossed the finish line (expecting them in at 9:30am). Long story short Grant eventually crossed the finish line at 10:30am (at which stage I was in full panic mode and looking at the ambulances as if to say, go get my husband, something must be wrong). Apparently the Hippo had come out to eat and hadn't gotten back in the water so they had to "coax" it back into the water before they could start the race (Only in Africa), so firstly they started late and secondly they changed the route, adding 8km to it hence the additional time. We then cheered Ross coming in (We have pictures, however he is holding up a finger that is not deemed appropriate in polite society, so I chose not to publish). We all sat and had a drink together before we left. Jordy and I made our way to Cubana (whilst Grant went home to clean up and then join us) for lunch and ordered the most enormous cocktails and a basket of jalapeno poppers, slammers & fried halloumi and mozzarella. Just the way to finish off a Sunday.
Lunch yesterday was at the in-laws who had invited us around for a braai. Turned out to be springbok. Now although I have no problem eating beef, lamb and pork, the thought of eating what effectively looks like Bambi just doesn't do it for me. I really am not a big fan of game. however, as they say, "when in Rome", so I had a little. It really is a very lean meat as it has no fat what so ever so it is actually really dry, the meal was finished off with ice cream in cherry liquer which was really yummy. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching movies. So all in all a really laid back, relaxed weekend all round.
Till next time
xoxo

Lunch at Buddah-ta

handmade striped PJ's for my Tablet


Grant finishing the Northern Farms Quickie

New cover for my Tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment