11 February 2011

19th anniversary of my 21st Birthday





Yup the big four oh came along, quicker than I expected. It seems like yesterday I turned 30. Now anyone who knew me them will attest that I did not go gracefully into my 30's in fact I was dragged kicking and screaming very undignified like. I had this silly notion that once you turned 30 you would be expected to act like a grown up and the thought of that just frightened the living daylights out of me.
40 on the other hand I embraced, I glided gracefully into it by spending the morning being pampered at the salon then spent the afternoon cooking food for my party the next day. We had a Mexican Fiesta and everyone got into the spirit and dressed up in the most colourful ways. We had beef, chicken & pork tacos with all the sides to go along with them. It is always so wonderful to be surrounded by the people you love most in the world and this was no exception. From very old friends to fairly new friends, all the people who mean the most to me were there (bar my family who live in the UK and a couple of friends who couldn't make it). My darling husband and daughter arranged a very festive evening and great merriment was had by all.
Bring on the forties, I will embrace them wholeheartedly and am looking forward to the "naughties", what do they say about life begining at forty. Well I'll show them how 40 is done. tee hee hee.
Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment