12 March 2013

Lush mmmmmmmm

I am a die hard fan of Lush products, I was introduced to Lush 5 years ago when we were staying in London with friends. After a very long day of shopping Oxford Street my feet were killing me, we picked up a couple of soothing foot products. Made our way home on the Tube, used the products and wrapped our feet in plastic and luxuriated whilst enjoying a glass of wine. That was the beginning of my love affair with Lush. Such wonderful products. The unfortunate thing is that I could only stock up when I went back to the Uk for a visit. So you can imagine my delight when I heard they were coming to South Africa, yaaaaaaay. Then I found out they were opening in Cape Town, which may as well have been as far away as London as Lush products are fresh they won't ship them. Anyhow, after chatting to the lovely people in the V&A Waterfront store they informed me that they had plans to come to Jhb but not quite just yet.
Then I remembered that Grant was going to do the Argus cycle race in March and we were tagging along. So when I put together our itinerary for our Cape Town trip, I kid you not we landed on Friday, picked up our car, checked in at our accommodation for the weekend (more on that in an upcoming post) and made our way down to the V&A to hit that Lush shop with a vengeance and boy did I do myself proud, I walked away after a fair time with loads of yummy yummy products.



Whoosh shower jelly, you can put it in the fridge or freezer (tried both I love the fridge option) as it gives an extra kick to your wake up shower, with its divine lime, lemon & rosemary scent it is a firm favorite. The Happy Happy shower gel has a lovely grapefruit smell so both these products are an awesome way to wake up in the shower each morning. Highly recommend.

Aqua Miribillis bar, made with Cocoa butter, Almond butter and ground almond shells, leaves your skin exfoliated and moisturised but not greasy. Wiccy magic muscles was recommended for Grant after cycling the Argus, It's a massage bar using aerated cocoa butter, shea butter, extra virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba as its base but also includes cinnamon oil to warm the skin and peppermint oil to get the blood flowing. This melts with the heat of your body then you can use the side with aduki beans to help work out tired knotted muscles. This product did what it said it would and even surprised a skeptical Grant.

Lemony flutter is a very creamy cuticle butter (can be used all over the body) with a fresh lemon smell it is like body butter on steroids it is really thick and creamy but absorbs beautifully.
Sweet Lips, I got the chocolate flavour it's a really effective lip exfoliation that can then be licked off the lips in all its chocolate glory, yum
Honey trap lip balm smells like white chocolate with vanilla and is really nourishing for the lips.

Vanilla Puff dusting powder, vanilla scented dusting powder that is great for after showers and leaves a faint vanilla scent that lasts all day, i love to put a sprinkle in my shoes each morning

Honestly can't wait till Lush comes to Johannesburg as they have a firm fan in me

Till next time
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment