07 February 2012

And yet another year rolls by

It was that time of the year again, you know the time where life cruelly reminds you that it is time to face the reality that you are in actual fact yet another year older, (realistically we don't actually age overnight, but gradually, one day at a time, then mark the day that we were born, as now being "a year older"). As I have mentioned before, I did not go into my 30's gracefully, but actually got dragged kicking and screaming into them, however turning 40 was a breeze and I was actually quite upbeat about what lay ahead, turning 41 was kind of "oh well, here we go again, yet another birthday" kind of feeling, until some stupid person at the office said "Happy Birthday, so how does it feel to be old"  I kind of swithered between replying "I don't know, what does it feel like to be stupid" and running her over with my car.  I mean I ask you with tears in my eyes, seriously, I am not that OLD.  I gracefully smiled and walked away, I mean, you don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

That being said it truly was an amazing birthday weekend, it was a great opportunity to get together with my family and close friends and just spend some delightful time together.  Which is exactly what happened.  I got thoroughly spoilt by absolutely everyone and we all just had a glorious time. I am so very blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Till next time
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That's the spirit Steph! (Coming from your friend who is still 29...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cake that was... Grant work hard baking that so well :)

    ReplyDelete