03 November 2010

Countdown to Christmas begins ... 52 days to go

It will be a small affair for 7 this year, after previous years of far larger groups, this almost seems like it will be a breeze (a mere bagatelle).
I want to try something different this year (just need to get buy-in from the Chief Christmas Fairy). We have always woken up at the crack of dawn had champers (can't do Christmas morning without the obligatory bubbles) with croissants for breakfast then Chief Christmas Fairy and I hit the kitchen with a vengeance (yes, with a lot of help from the rest of the christmas elves in the family, before you all start stomping your pointy toed elf shoes) to produce a full Christmas meal by 1:00pm. It is hot on Christmas day, very hot, and my kitchen reminds one of a well known place where the Devil is supposed to hang out, so taking into consideration that Jordyn (being a teenager) will not be waking up at the crack of dawn anymore (in fact we have had to wake her up the last couple of Christmas') I think that perhaps we should actually wake up later, have a more substantial breakfast, I am thinking, a full continental type brekkie then plan to eat a Christmas dinner around 6:00pm when the heat has subsided. I also am thinking instead of doing a Turkey we should try that Turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken, I think they are called Turdurkins, or something like that, but sounds really interesting, both these things obviously breaks with tradition and I need to get this round Chief Christmas Fairy first. So hold thumbs for me. Will keep you updated, signing out, Mini Christmas Fairy.
Till Next Time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment