08 September 2010

Happy 90th Birthday Grandpa

Today, my Grandpa turns 90 years old. Although we live continents apart, he has always been a very special part of my life, he is the most patient, caring, loving, open-minded and intelligent man. During World War II, my Grandfather flew, as a navigator, with the Dam Busters. Back then, they navigated by the stars. A treasured memory that I have with my grandfather is when we all went up to the Kruger Park and my Grandfather was absolutely fascinated by the stars, as they were all upside down to him (what with being in the southern hemisphere). I remember, lying on a blanket with him staring up at the stars whilst he taught me the constellations. To this day, when I look up into the sky at night and spot Orion, I always think of him. I so very wish I could be with him today, however he is in my thoughts. So to my wonderful Grandpa, I wish you a very Happy Birthday and want you to know how very much I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment