03 December 2010

Christmas Countdown ... 21 days to go

With 21 days to go, I seem to be pretty organised. I got the Chief Christmas Fairy (CCF)and my Dad to agree to having Christmas dinner instead of Christmas lunch, shew, so grateful as it is just so very hot during the day, that it is almost impossible to enjoy the meal. I also got the go ahead from CCF to try out a Turduckin this year. The only thing about this that I am a teensy bit concerned about is ..., well I called our butcher to place my order. So bearing in mind there is only seven of us this year, I order a 1.5 Kg deboned lamb, a 2 Kg ham and a Turduckin. So I ask my butcher (innocently) so how much does a Turduckin weigh, only to be told 5.5 Kg's. Now this is solid meat. Absolutely solid meat, no bones whatsoever, So all in all I have now ordered 9 Kg's of solid meat to feed a grand total of seven people (anyone want to join us, I see loads of leftovers in our future) bear in mind we still have the wrapped chipolatas, 3 kinds of vegetables, bread sauce, gravy, stuffing and of course the roast potatoes. I really do think we may have a tad left over afterwards.
I also managed to find exactly what I needed to do the table decorations this weekend and started a little of the Christmas shopping. Plan is on track for now.
Signing out
Mini Christmas Fairy
Till next time
xoxo

What a Turduckin looks like when carved

No comments:

Post a Comment